Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Things Great Engineers (almost) never say

Ref: http://java.dzone.com/articles/things-great-engineers-almost

  • “I’ve used _____ but I have no idea how it works” – Great engineers gained their skills through probing and curiosity.  They go ‘under the hood’ of the products they use just to understand how things work, even if that information will never be very useful to them.  It is unclear whether this need to dig deeper is a choice or a compulsion, but it seems that it is a trait of the best talent.
  • “______ works, I just don’t know how to explain it”
  • “I will need ______ (tool/condition) to complete this task”
  • “I’ve learned all I want/will ever need to know about ________ “
  • “There is no solution”
  • “I hate programming” -
  • “I’m an expert in _____”
  • “I don’t understand the business”
  • “I don’t pay particular attention to industry trends”

No comments: